City Beach has been an icon in the Australian retail industry for over 30 years. We offer an unparalleled shopping experience, mixing culture, fashion and lifestyle in a one stop shopping destination.
Boasting 69 stores nationwide, with plans for further growth, City Beach is an industry leader and at the forefront of Australian retail.
Make your mark with an iconic brand and take City Beach to the next level!
Are you the marketing quadruple threat we’re searching for? Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, the City Beach Brand & Partnership Manager will jump in and champion five strategic activities; PR, events, activations, sponsorships and partnerships.
You’ll use your amazing communication skills combined with the latest marketing approaches to form and sell, all while making a huge impact on an Australian retail icon - if that sounds too good to be true, read on!
City Beach is proud of the incredible successes we have had to-date by working with external parties like the WSL, McDonald's, Coke, X-Games, celebrities from surf, skate, music and beyond (not to mention the programs run with the +300 brands we sell). BUT... we need a seriously skilled expert to jump in and amplify our current calendar while truly transforming our approach.
Building upon your well-established career, now is your chance to apply your experience and harness your outstanding skills in active listening, planning, pitching, partnering, communication, executing, amplification and reporting… if you are looking for a role where you can utilise your skills and experience to make a significant impact, we want to hear from you!
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will leverage your experience in evolving/structuring PR, partnerships, sponsorships, events and activations calendars, processes and systems in order to deliver maximum stakeholder buy-in and ongoing engagement while achieving strategic business goals.
- Lead ideation, communication execution and reporting of events, PR, partnerships, events, activations, sponsorships and key aspects of related campaigns.
- Account manage agencies and hold relationships with partners, sponsors and brands to identify, communicate and maximise opportunities for City Beach.
- End-to-end project management and production of events, activations and related campaign elements, with a focus on stakeholder buy-in, communication and reporting.
- Negotiate and manage internal and external stakeholder deliverables, contracts, and relationships to ensure flawless execution, adherence to brand value, and optimum ROI.
- Leverage the City Beach owned and earned assets to strategically maximise ROI across the customer life-cycle.
- Bolster awareness of our brand to new audiences through strategic partnerships
PR and partnerships assistance across new and emerging markets.
- Attend and provide hands-on management for all physical activations, events and activations (including retail events, selected sponsorships, partnerships, 3rd party/brand events etc).
- Leverage your extensive network to provide access and opportunities for selected internal departments to attend/document/particpiate in events, activations and other relevant activites (by way of partership, media passes etc).
- This role is not focused on attracting new brands to City Beach so we can sell their products, rather leveraging City Beach and its assets. You will evolve our existing relationships with brands we sell or brands that speak to our current/potential customers and form new relationships to build upon. This all is all rolled together to make an impression here in Australia (and maybe… THE WORLD…).
- High level of emotional intelligence - your self-awareness, empathetic nature and team focus will be something you’re very proud of.
- Exceptional communicator - able to ‘read the room’ by adapting your style and approach with natural ease and supreme confidence.
- Experience with success - you will need to have had hands-on experience in delivering relevant and recent programs across PR, activations, events and partnerships and know where the wins are and what would be wise to avoid (and how to apply that to City Beach).
- Highly organised - You will be heralded as one of the most organised people we will ever meet, with consistent and reliable tools, strategies and approaches that you can implement from day one and be comfortable evolving to suit City Beach and our stakeholders.
- Attention to detail – Using your keen eye for detail, you will be across the little things that make all the difference. This may mean tailoring your approach to suit your audience.
- Ride the wave - you need to be comfortable ‘riding the wave’ vs. ‘being the wave’. You will deliver confidence and the right amount of push-back through exceptional preparation while also being very comfortable to adapt on the fly as situations or stakeholder focuses change.
- Proactive & self-managed - own the space, know what else is going on and be boundlessly enthusiastic - from present ideas, results and questions, do it all without the need for micro-management.
- Well connected - you’ll know the right people, have the right connections and be able to jump right in to connect City Beach with music, events and other relevant opportunities that resonate with our stakeholders and customers.
A LITTLE MORE…
Send along your resume with a cover letter that details how your experience to-date sets you up perfectly for this role. Your agency or brand experience, along with your hands-on knowledge of how to structure a large calendar of PR, communication, national activations, events, sponsorships and partnerships should be clear and include examples of your work if relevant. The ideal candidate will have fashion retail experience (preferably with one of the many brands we sell or others we might consider competitors).