Future Leader - Gold Coast Region
Job no: 499632
Work type: Salary Full Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Sales, Stores
At City Beach we believe it's your life, live it! We value individual style, motivated people, teamwork, creativity, attention to detail and outstanding customer service.
We stock some of the world's biggest brands across surf, skate, street, moto, active and fashion styles. Our stores feature in-store entertainment and celebrity appearances which contribute to creating a culture unique to City Beach. This is what makes a career with City Beach like no other. Join us and see where it takes you!
Currently we are seeking a Future Leader for our Gold Coast Stores.
Our Future Leader training plan is a 6 week comprehensive program that combines theoretical, practical and hands on on-the-job training, to ensure that on completion of the training you will have the necessary tools to begin a successful management career with City Beach
City Beach Future Leaders are responsible supporting the Management Team in controlling and managing five (5) store KPI's in their store location. These include:
- Sales – driving and motivating store teams to achieve store budgets by providing exceptional customer service
- Wage control – managing rosters and run sheets appropriately to ensure wages do not exceed wage targets
- Loss prevention – applying City Beach loss prevention strategies to ensure your store achieves a Company benchmark stocktake result
- Team Development – recruiting, training/ mentoring and providing feedback to your store team
- Visual Merchandising/ Store Presentation – ensuring your store is well presented and shoppable to drive sales
What we are looking for:
To be considered you must have:
- Demonstrated experience (ideally 2 – 3 years) managing small to medium sized teams
- Well-developed customer service capabilities
- Experience in rostering and controlling wages
- Ability to effectively lead, develop and succession plan a team
- Ability to confidently resolve conflict
- Demonstrated experience participating in a stocktake and an understanding of how to benchmark stocktakes (highly regarded)
- An understanding of loss prevention strategies and how they are applied to minimise loss
- An understanding of visual merchandising techniques and principals
- An appreciation and understanding of the youth market and youth culture
- Recognised qualifications in retail management or similar would be highly regarded but not essential
- Formal qualifications in Retail (Cert III or higher) is highly desirable
Why join us?
Here are just some of our perks:
- You get one PAID day off every month
- We offer a 35% Team Member discount
- We provide ongoing, comprehensive training programs
- We run awesome competitions and sales incentives where prizes include overseas holidays, festival tickets, go-pro's, etc.
- You will receive invitations to great parties thrown by City Beach and our brands/ suppliers
- You get access to corporate rates for banking, health insurance and gym
memberships at major banks and gym's across Australia
- We offer many different career paths, everything from retail operations, on the road regional management, warehousing/ logistics, buying/ production and corporate opportunities.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please submit your application now.
Interviews will be starting soon.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time