Job no: 499775
Work type: Full Time, Salary Full Time
Categories: Buying, Other
City Beach is an icon of the Australian Retail industry, with a rich history spanning over 30 years. We are a Brisbane based Company with our Head Office based in the Brisbane CBD and our Distribution Centre located in Murarrie. We have 60+ store locations nationally with representation in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia and the Northern Territory, and plans for future growth.
Currently City Beach has an exciting entry level opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join the City Beach Buying Team.
Duties will include:
- Filing department budgets, catalogues and purchase orders
- Monitoring Department and store comparisons
- Store stock allocations
- Co-ordinating the booking of all appointments for buyers including range showings and supplier appointments.
- Liaising regularly with domestic and international suppliers
- Organising ranges – pick up / drop offs, laying department into months etc.
- Range room maintenance
- Returning samples
- Writing of purchase orders
- Checking purchase orders and order confirmations
- Monitoring cancellations and changes to delivery date
- Possibility to attend buying trips – locally and internationally
What we are looking for:
To be considered you must have:
- Sound MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Well- developed communication and organisation abilities
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- The ability to identify trends
- Brand analysis and identification skills
- Tertiary Qualifications in commerce or a related field, preferred by not essential
Why join us?
Here are just some of our perks:
- We offer a 35% Team Member discount
- Invitations to great parties thrown by City Beach and our brands/ suppliers
- Access to corporate rates for banking, health insurance and gym membership
- Career development opportunities within our Buying Team
- Work in a business with a national scope and impact a workforce of over 4000 employees
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to step into your next adventure with an iconic Australian business, then please Apply Now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time