Men’s Production Coordinator
Job no: 500028
Work type: Salary Full Time
Categories: Production, Buying
At City Beach people are at the core of what we do, both our customers and our team. All are welcome under the City Beach roof where value is placed on individual style, teamwork, authenticity, adaptability and a desire to exceed expectations.
We stock some of the world's biggest brands across surf, skate, streetwear and fashion. Our stores are a hub that connect our customers to events, influencers and trends, allowing them to live life on their terms.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Production Team in our Head Office and play a key role in bringing our products to life and delivering them to our customer.
A day in the life:
You will work closely with the Production Manager to develop strong relationships with suppliers and ensure the City Beach production process is efficient and effective. This could mean sourcing new suppliers, examining sample product you have arranged or traveling to exotic international locations to meet with suppliers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Forging strong relationships with suppliers through international travel and regular contact; get paid to travel overseas & learn your craft!
- Maintain regular contact with local and offshore manufacturers through the production and freighting process
- Monitor production delivery deadlines to ensure our we have our product to create for our customers
- General administration duties including payment of invoices, documents reconciliation and filing
- Monitor samples against supplier packs to maintain quality control standards Source new suppliers under the guidance of the Men’s Production Manager
- Negotiate supplier terms under the guidance of the Men’s Production Manager
What we're looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field is preferred
- Experience in negotiating directly with manufacturers/suppliers
- High level of Microsoft suite skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in working with offshore manufacturers
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Mandarin Speaking highly regarded but not essential
If you’re looking for a role that allows you to use your love of fashion and bring these products to life while also getting to see new parts of the world, please apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time